Friday, October 10, 2008

First Piece of Furniture!!!


I found this entertainment center on Craig's List for only $50. The man was moving to a new home and it just didn't fit. It was quite the hassle getting it to our apartment. We had to make a friend with a truck and it worked out perfectly that he happened to be a 6'4" football player! We are very happy to have our first piece of furniture.
In other news, we finally got internet and cable hooked up in our apartment. We let them know how unhappy we were with their service so we will now be getting two months free of service and 2 movie tickets.
We also recently bought an air mattress so we are no longer sleeping on the floor.
I also had two job interviews this week. I am only interested in one of them. If I get this job I would be making nearly double what I was making in Provo, so that would be fantastic. At this job I would be working for a bankruptcy attorney in downtown Nashville. The building is right next door to the CMT building!!! The lady that interviewed me gave me the rundown of the firm and the benefits and asked me a few questions and then said she would give my resume to the attorney but I haven't heard back since. The firm is really big, about 30 attorneys and only 10 paralegals. The firm is on the 22nd floor of the building.
I spent last weekend in Virginia tending Kyle's kids. It was really fun to get to spend some quality time with them. They were quite a delight!
We are loving our ward. The activities are so great. Institute is wonderful. We still don't have callings yet but hopefully soon. I am leaning toward primary pianist but we'll see.
Dan- Kyle and I were thinking that since you love the Outer Banks and Kyle, Paul & I will all be back east we should have the family reunion back east this summer? Think about it!!!
Anyway, that is a small update on what I have been up to. I miss you all!

1 comment:

cdsdds said...

She's alive! Thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming.