Thursday, November 13, 2008

New job!

Well this has been a fun and busy week. I got a random call from a law firm that I apparently applied for a while ago. They called me in for an interview Wednesday morning and I got a call this morning offering me the job. I will be a paralegal at a very small firm. There are two attorneys and now two paralegals. I am starting out on a trial basis for 45 days and then if things are working out I will stay after Christmas. They know I want to go home for Christmas for two weeks and they still hired me so that is a plus. This firm is located near downtown so that will be fun. I am going to call Gap Kids and see if they'll let me just work Saturdays. I'm thinking they are going to want me to work Sundays too and I don't want to do that and I especially don't want to be working every single day so that job may not last much longer. There go my hopes of meeting someone famous but that's ok. Thank you for all of your prayers. I couldn't have gotten it without you.

7 comments:

The Neal Family: said...

Perfect- don't doubt yourself! Famous people need legal advise all the time! I am so happy for you!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Good. Now just make sure to show up to work on time, and don't do IM on work computers. Trust me.

cdsdds said...

Way to go. Thanks for the coupon also! G.

Dan Sampson said...

What is wrong with IM on work computers? I find it a very useful way to keep in touch with friends and family for hours at a time.

Jaclyn said...

Did anyone see my other posts? Nobody commented on the red carpet!

cdsdds said...

I vote to drop Baby Gap. Nicely done.

Unknown said...

JJ - I'm so happy for you!!! You're a career woman now and I hope you enjoy the office. Be professional and I agree with the don't IM at work etc. You never know who's watching. Love you!