Thursday, November 13, 2008

Purity Farm and Jack Daniel Distillery

Lori and I both had Tuesday off so we decided to visit some places her co-workers have suggested we see.

We took a tour of the Purity Dairy Farm in Nashville. We were able to watch them make and package their ice cream. We were even able to sample some and it was delicious.
Here we are with the Purity cow.
After the dairy Lori and I went to Lynchburg, TN which is just over an hour from Nashville. This is where the Jack Daniels Distillery is located. So we took a tour of it. I think I got a little buzz just from smelling the alcohol throughout the tour. I don't think it would take much for me to get drunk.

Here I am with Jack himself.















Part of the factory.










Here is a shot of a nice Jack Daniels car reminding everyone to drink responsibly.












After the tour of the Jack Daniel Distillery we walked around Town Square and I couldn't resist challenging this guy to a game of checkers. As you can tell it was a very intense game.




1 comment:

cdsdds said...

"Here is a shot of a nice Jack Daniels car.." If you weren't so pure and innocent I'd think you were making a word play. You probably still don't get it, do you? Ah, my Bethel education.